It’s been three weeks since we implemented intermittent fasting. You can find the original post here:
As I told you I would, I’m here to write an update. I wish I had some earth shattering results and I could report that I’ve been cured. No such luck. But, here’s what I/we have found:
- I’ve lost 3 pounds. It was 5, but well, Justin’s Peanut Butter Cups called and I had to answer
- My Husband has lost 10 pounds, has seen his stomach shrink and his pants are looser
- With my Husband’s crazy schedule of work, school, helping me and Jiu-Jitsu, sticking to the 8/16 has been really tough during the week
- Weekdays, we now try to eat and be done no later than 7pm
- On weekends, Bri and I try to stick to the 8/16. If you remember, this means we eat for 8 hours and don’t for 16
- This is probably about the easiest time either of us have ever had losing weight
- We eat what we want, when we want, provided it is within our “eating window”
- I love only having to worry about one thing: the time I start and stop eating
- Overall, we both consume less food/calories, because we’re just too full to cram in another meal/snack
- As a whole, because we have become so conscious of what and when we’re eating, there is a natural disposition to want to eat healthier
- I have woken up, a few mornings, without the immediate pain and stiffness
Many of the things I just listed are what I had initially observed in week one, when I wrote my original post. However, it is still early and I expect things like lowering my cholesterol to take considerably longer than three weeks. Overall, we both find it pretty easy, with occasionally struggling not to munch in front of the tv. And without a doubt, it is something that we will continue to do for the longterm.
I am hoping the longer we continue to eat this way, the more discernible differences there will be. At the three month mark, I plan to have my cholesterol rechecked and will hope for a more positive score.
Until then, check out Dr. Eric Berg who has a YouTube channel specifically for IF. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3w193M5tYPJqF0Hi-7U-2g