I am SO excited to have been nominated by heyItschloejade for the awesome Disability Award!! Thank you so much! Please check out ChloeJade’s original post here:
Here are the nominee questions from Chloe:
1.) What do you wish people knew about Chronic Illness? I wish people understood that while I may be fine and doing things one moment, often times I abruptly start feeling awful and need to lie down. Chronic illness is totally unpredictable from one minute to the next.
2.) How do your illnesses affect your life. Every single facet of my and my family’s life are affected by my illness. It changed everything including what I could do, paying my bills, parenting my children and sharing a life with my husband.
3.) If you could tell the medical community one thing about your illnesses, what would you tell them? That opiods DO work for chronic illness patients!!
4.) The hardest part about mornings are: Waking up every morning and never feeling good. Somehow, deep down, I always hope and pray for a miracle and I’ll feel good again. So it’s tough when you wake up every morning still feeling awful. I typically wake up with pain, nausea, dizziness and stiffness.
5.) A gadget I couldn’t live without is: My electric fireplace. Weird, right? I’m always either hot or cold. So I totally rely on my fireplace to keep me warm. When I get too warm, I can simply turn it off.
6.) If I could have one day of feeling normal again I would: Play tennis!
7.) My favorite quote that gets me through tough times is: I actually have two: “Tomorrow is a new day” and Ghandi’s “Be the change you want to see in the world”. They remind me that “maybe tomorrow” I’ll be in less agony. As for Ghandi’s quote, it reminds me that even if I am sick and on Disability, there are still things that I can do to better this world.
As part of my nomination, I am to choose other Disability Bloggers to bestow this award to. They are as follows:
- Caz at: https://invisiblyme.com/
- Kim at: https://itrippedoverastone.com/
- Melinda at:https://lookingforthelight.blog/
- Claire at: https://painpalsblog.com/
- Amanda at:https://walkamyelinmyshoes.com/
- Michelle at:https://zebrapit.com/
- Melinda at: https://marandarussell.com/
- Lee at: http://www.fibrofiles.net/
For my nominees: please answer my questions below, choose your own nominees and develop your own set of questions. Please also display the award picture.
I am so honored to have met and been welcomed by all these awesome bloggers that I am thrilled to pass on this award to them. So thank you!!!
- What was the first sign of your illness?
- What is your worst symptom and how do you cope with it?
- What one thing about you has changed as a result of your struggles?
- What words of advice or encouragement would you give to someone else suffering?
- Name one good thing that has come out of having chronic illness
- What one thing do you disagree with that is widely accepted as true about your condition?
- If you could changed only one aspect of your illness, what would it be?
- Name the one thing that works best for you for symptom relief
- Based on your experience, what is one thing that you would tell someone newly diagnosed with chronic illness?
- Why did you start blogging?
Much love, always, Stace <3