I hesitated to even write this blog post. Everywhere we look are Christmas ideas and suggestions from everyone. However, you never can tell when you may spot an idea you hadn’t yet thought of.
While I am a “spoonie” (still looking for a replacement for that dreadful word), I am also still a woman who loves all sorts of things not related to being ill. So with that said, here are my 14 (not 12) days of Christmas suggestions:
- Up first is one of my favorites this year. It’s pricey, I will warn you, but Henry Rose perfume is actually EWG (Environmental Working Group) certified and contains non toxic ingredients. LOVE. If you purchase their 5 scent sampler for $20, they actually give you $20 off a full size bottle. My favorite scent is Torn. https://henryrose.com/?gclid=CjwKCAiA27LvBRB0EiwAPc8XWZ2iYU4JP_mvYtdkQmRZQ1rj0xV1snZA0m8E-3TqOLhG9QGAMsU_shoCa6IQAvD_BwE
- Not as pricey, but still one of my favorites, are these marled socks from Journeys. They’re warm and comfy without being bulky. I can double them up for added warmth and still fit my big feet into my riding boots. https://www.journeys.com/product/Womens-Marled-Crew-Socks-5-Pack-5653?c=3342
- Next up are two great stocking stuffers!! Two of my favorite products from one of my absolute favorite companys: Be Green Bath and Body All Natural Deodorant (it really does work!!!) https://begreenbathandbody.com/collections/body/products/deodorant and their fantastic Shea Butter-a staple for winter dry skin!! https://begreenbathandbody.com/products/shea-butter-tin?_pos=3&_sid=281f06472&_ss=r
- It’s -1 degree here today and last week we were bombarded with 29 inches of snow. So it’s always important to have the right winter gear. This coat from Abercrombie is water resistant, wind resistant and ready??? Instead of birds being hurt, the fill in this coat is actually recycled materials! Yes!! I love a win-win! Check out the bright red! https://www.abercrombie.com/shop/us/p/ultra-puffer-36024819?categoryId=12252&seq=03&faceout=model
- As many of us can attest to, skin irritation and sensitivity can be a real pain to deal with (ha!). So I love the Soft and Sexy line from American Eagle. While I’m not specifically pointing out any one product, the line itself has super soft clothing that features no tags. I pretty much layer everything I wear with a S&S shirt underneath. https://www.ae.com/us/en/s/soft+and+sexy?cid=SRC_Brand_saVV9CPff
- Also a winter favorite of mine, but not for keeping warm. I love these stretchy gloves and wear them IN the stores. I fear the Flu, so wearing stretchy gloves prevents me from needing to touch germ paradises like card readers, shopping carts or pens. Once I get to my car, I take them off and once home, I just pop them in the washer. You can also use them to layer under other gloves, for those of us with dreaded Raynaud’s. Amazon has a package of 12 of them for $20-so you won’t run out or run broke!! https://www.amazon.com/2ND-DATE-Womens-Winter-Gloves/dp/B076VXJ3D6/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=women%27s+stretch+gloves&qid=1575818812&sr=8-2
- A staple in my winter wardrobe, next up is Uggs. While I detest using products that harm animals, I struggle tremendously in the cold with my Raynaud’s. Having once had it progress to the point of watching for Gangrene, I now carefully guard my tootsies and Uggs are about the only things that do so. I have multiple different colors, in varying boot heights. Since Uggs are not great with the weather, I cannot recommend their protection kits enough. https://www.ugg.com/women-boots-classic-boots/
- Our family present a few years ago, I cannot tell you enough how much I LOVE our electric fireplace!!! It gives us that added oomph for the super cold nights, without the mess of wood and when it gets warmer and we hate to burn oil, it takes the chill out of the house. While we ordered ours from Lowe’s, I pretty much see them everywhere, including Big Lots. Incidentally, they’re also a great place to put your tv.
- I love buying local or USA made. When the products are healthier alternatives, it’s even better! Next up are soy and essential oil candles from Village Candle in Wells, Maine. When I’m stuck in the house for days on end, the delicious scents of candles help brighten my spirits. Find them here: https://www.villagecandle.com/collections/presence-soy-blend-candle-collection
- Unfortunately, there are no Whole Foods or Trader Joe’s anywhere near us. So last week, when we finally made the journey, I was like a kid in a candy store. While perusing, I found Organic Caramel Coffee, made with actual natural ingredients. It is SO good, it’s like drinking liquid candy. For a fun and tasty gift on Christmas morning, wrap this baby up from Whole Foods. (I’m sad to say it’s not available online)
- I still owe you guys an entire post on Reiki and how it has helped me immeasurably-but that is a whole other post in itself. So quickly, Reiki comes from the Japanese word (Rei) which means “Universal Life” and (Ki) which means “Energy” and is a form of alternative medicine called Energy Healing. It’s complimentary health benefits have been found so helpful, they are now offered in some of the Country’s best hospitals, such as: Dana Farber, Boston Children’s Hospital, The Mayo Clinic and John’s Hopkins. I had THE best teacher ever and she offers classes to learn this incredible art here: https://www.reikitrainingclasses.org/ As you consider gifts that keep giving, I cannot think of one that does that more than Reiki.
- I have long touted the magic of Essential Oils. I keep bottles of it by my couch and bedside and use them for headaches, migraines, relaxation and beating colds and flu. One thing I often hear is that DoTerra and Young Living are too expensive. So here is a newer company that offers less expensive EOs, with a money back guarantee. If you’re new to oils and don’t want to invest alot of money or if you’re still doubting their efficacy, try Revive Essential Oils as a more affordable stocking stuffer. https://www.revive-eo.com/
- How much of our time (sadly) do we spend sitting on the couch? Personally, I find the couch less depressing than bed. So what else can improve our extended couch stays? Well awesome blankies of course! My favorites? Sweater throws. So while they’re pretty popular now and can be found most places, Target has one of my favorites: https://www.target.com/p/chunky-knit-throw-blanket-threshold-153/-/A-53713369?preselect=54640767#lnk=sametab
- And last, but definitely not least, a Dyson. I cannot even imagine trying to clean my house without a Dyson anymore. It makes vacuuming actually manageable. This is actually my second Dyson and the battery life allows me to vac the whole house without recharging. This is the one we have here and I just cannot say enough good about it: https://www.dyson.com/sticks/dyson-v8-animal.html
I have missed you guys. Family emergencies and planning my Daughter’s wedding, not to mention the Holidays, have taken up alot of time lately. Trying to effectively manage all that, on top of typically feeling crummy, has resulted in less frequent posting. However, I am still here and have some upcoming posts in the works, including a secret family recipe! So stay tuned, my loves. I hope you are all well enough to be enjoying your holidays. You are all in my hearts, Stace